Sheep Advisor- Thrive Agri Services Pty Ltd.
Thrive Agri Services is a growing company based in Hamilton Victoria. Our team is passionate about the red meat and wool industries and provides independent production, business, and research and development services to the Australian sheep and beef supply chains. We operate mainly throughout western Victoria but we also lead and collaborate in national-scale projects.
Thrive Agri Services is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate sheep industry professional to join the team.
This role requires a sound knowledge of ruminant production systems. The candidate will conduct extension and industry development work aimed at improving the productivity, profitability, and sustainability of the grazing industries.
This will include:
- Delivering training programs and courses
- Measurement and collection of field and animal data
- Data management including EID systems
- One-on-one farm visits and providing recommendations to clients
- Developing new or existing training programs
A bachelor’s degree in agricultural science, veterinary science or agribusiness is required.
- This is an opportunity to utilise your skills and knowledge. This is an opportunity for personal development and to grow your experience.
- It’s a nice mix of hands-on work coupled with office time, with opportunities to experience and develop higher level strategy and management skills.
- Work with leading producers and agricultural innovators within in south-eastern Australia.
- There is opportunity for the right person to progress within the company as their experience and skills grow.
- Join a dynamic and innovative team that likes to have fun.
Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor degree in Agricultural Science, Veterinary Science, Agribusiness or an approved equivalent.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
- Knowledge of ruminant production, nutrition, livestock genetics and farm economics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- A requirement for occasional after-hours work
- A current and valid Victorian (car) drivers’ license or equivalent is required (if not currently held must be acquired prior to commencement at applicant’s expense)
- Regular travel within regional locations will be required
- To be eligible for this role you must be an Australian citizen or have documentary evidence of your entitlement to live and work in Australia for the period as part of your application
The position is ideally suited to a recent graduate in Agriculture or Agribusiness.
It may also be suited to an early career Veterinarian looking to transition towards consulting and research.
Note: A bachelor degree in Agricultural Science, Veterinary Science or Agribusiness or an approved equivalent, must be completed prior to an appointment.
Salary: negotiable commensurate upon qualifications and experience.
Location: Hamilton, Victoria 3300 Australia
Tenure: A full-time, fixed term opportunity available for 24 months with the possibility of extension.
Position Number: TAS Ref JD003
Closing Date: 2021-10-27 11:59 PM EST