Senior Reptile Keeper – Alice Springs Reptile Centre
Reptile Keepers provide day to day upkeep of the reptiles at the Centre as well as provide information and deliver talks and handling demonstrations to the visiting public.
Core objectives include:
- Day to day upkeep of the Centre’s reptiles both on and off display as permitted, including, cleaning, feeding and medical treatment.
- Provide talks and handling to the visiting public as scheduled and general reptile information provision.
- General cleaning duties of the physical building and surrounds as needed/scheduled on a daily basis.
- Reception of visitors on entry, retail sales and administrative duties as required.
- Provide direction and support on occasion to junior staff and volunteers.
The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
- Experience working with animals
- Customer service skills
- Money handling skills
- Public speaking experience
- Professional approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
Qualifications & experience
Formal qualifications in the fields of Animal Husbandry, Business Administration or Retail and experience working with animals/reptiles, frontline customer service experience, public speaking/guiding experience will be well regarded.
The centre has asked for any enquires or expressions of interest, along with a resume, be sent to email@example.com.