Manager – Alice Springs Reptile Centre
The Manager oversees the day to day operation of the Centre and staff, the upkeep of the reptiles, provides information, delivers talks and handling demonstrations to the visiting public.
Core objectives include:
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Centre.
- Enforce COVID safety guidelines and directions within the business for staff and visitors.
- Reception of visitors on entry, retail sales and administrative duties such as souvenir shop stock take, booking scheduling and business advertising.
- Provide training, direction and support to all staff.
- Prepare dietary sheets and habitat specific enclosures for all animals at the Centre.
- Day to day upkeep of the reptiles both on and off display as permitted, including, cleaning, feeding and medical treatment.
- Provide talks and handling to the visiting public as scheduled and general reptile information provision.
- General cleaning duties of the physical building and surrounds as needed/scheduled on a daily basis.
- Team leadership skills
- Experience working with animals
- Customer service skills
- Money handling skills
- Public speaking experience
- Professional approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
Qualifications & experience
Certificate III in Captive Animals or equivalent and experience working with animals/reptiles, frontline customer service experience, public speaking/guiding experience, and manager experience is highly regarded
The centre has asked for any enquires or expressions of interest, along with a resume, be sent to email@example.com.