Are you interested in joining a world-renowned extension and research team, reshaping your career and developing skills in dairy risk analysis and consultancy?
Do you have a passion for supporting the dairy farming sector through the challenges faced by increasingly extreme climate events?
Scibus has an exciting, novel, and pivotal NSW Dairy Industry recovery project and seeks two dairy industry extension professionals to assist with the project’s development and delivery. The exciting roles will involve assisting with development of on-farm risk assessment and management strategies designed to improve dairy business sustainability and resilience in the face of a changing climate and weather-related disasters. You will be involved in the project development, on-farm collection of data, development of information and plans for farmers and communication of results and recommendations, in both “one on one” and group settings. You will also have the opportunity to be exposed to general dairy industry consultancy and research activities within Scibus and will also have support to attend other industry training and events.
The roles are full-time, salaried positions that are supported by the NSW Government’s Storm and Flood Industry Recovery Program. The positions could suit recent veterinary or agricultural science, animal veterinary and bioscience or agricultural economics graduates or postgraduates looking to further develop their career in extension-delivery. The roles would also equally suit existing industry extension professionals, or someone motivated to transition to a career in extension and consultancy. Knowledge of quantitative nutrition would be an advantage.
The project team will be based in Camden, NSW with Scibus and the positions will involve some travel to all NSW dairy regions (applicants are required to have a driver’s license and their own vehicle). The two project positions will be structured around the skills of the applicants and will be commencing ASAP and concluding 30th December 2024 and offers an attractive remuneration package. There is also potential for ongoing employment with Scibus at the conclusion of the engagement for suitable applicants.
Pre-requisites for the position include:
• Completed degree or post graduate qualification in veterinary, agricultural or animal/veterinary/bio science or agricultural economics
• Drivers license and own vehicle (trial associated mileage paid at statutory rate)
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Understanding of Australian dairy farming systems and high-level communication skills with broad capacity to interact at all levels of the Australian Dairy Industry
• Organizational skills, good time management, and ability to work autonomously
• Proficiency with visual and public speaking presentation skills
• Australian Permanent Residency
• Knowledge of dairy feeding systems and quantitative nutrition would be an advantage
If you are interested in being involved in an industry-critical project and wish to further your career in dairy consultancy and extension, please contact Neil Moss on 0412 558 532 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details by the 20th of January 2023.