AAAS SA Branch Membership Survey
The SA AAAS branch recently ran a survey among members to explore their interests related to animal science and plan branch activities into 2021. They key outcomes from the survey were:
- 35% of respondents were students
- 65% were early career researchers, lecturers, industry reps, producers and veterinarians
- 82% were already members, 18% were not members, but keen to join.
- Major motivation for being a member was that they had received long term value over the years, access to relevant and up to date information and science, and networking.
- Motivation for non-members to join was the learning of new skills to enhance their career, access to new information and science, and networking.
- Going forward, members would like to participate in interactive sessions with researchers and industry professionals, interactions with other Associations, Technical workshop, field trips and site visits.
- Going forward, students would like to receive information on career opportunities, scholarships, travel bursaries and work experience, competitions and post graduate studies.
The SA branch awarded prizes, free AAAS membership, to a luck survey respondent and would like to congratulate Emma Shattock recipient of the prize.